FDA Announces Recall of MHR Brands Products for High Lead Content
The company's CBD oil products have been recalled due to the presence of heavy metals.
The U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) posts notices of voluntary product recalls or safety alerts in order to inform practitioners and consumers. A July announcement included several products that have been voluntarily recalled by the producers for having high lead content.
According to the FDA, InHe Manufacturing, LLC and MHR Brands learned of the presence of elevated heavy metals in some products from the Florida Department of Health. The company traced the issue to graduated droppers provided by a third-party packaging supplier. MHR Brands creates CBD oil products for human and animal consumption.
The company says it did not hear of any adverse health issues related to its products before issuing notice to consumers.
The following products intended for pet consumption have been recalled:
Pet Consumption (MHR Brands)
- Tasty Drops – Cat Tincture 1oz/200mg – FG003156, FG003325
- Tasty Drops – Dog Tincture 1oz/200mg – FG003157, FG003286, FG003324
- Purfurred – Dog Tincture, 1oz/200mg – FG003188
- Made by Hemp – Cat Tincture, 1oz/200mg – FG003178
- Made by Hemp – Dog Tincture, 1oz/200mg – FG003179
Pet Consumption (White Label)
- Herbal Renewals – Cat Tincture, 1oz/200mg – FG003213
- Herbal Renewals – Pet Blend, 1oz/200mg – FG003223, FG003310
- Barkley Bistro – Dog Tincture, 1oz/200mg – FG003145
- A Clean Choice – Cat Tincture, 1oz/200mg – FG003117
- A Clean Choice – Cat Tincture, 500mg/1oz. – FG003118
- A Clean Choice – Dog Tincture, 1oz/200mg – FG003116
- A Clean Choice – Dog Tincture, 500mg/1oz. – FG003115
- BC Hemp Co LLC – Pet Tincture, 1oz/200mg – FG003165
- Boost IV Hydration, LLC – Dog Tincture, 1oz/200mg – FG003270
- Acadia Farms – Pet Blend, 1oz/200mg – FG003176
If you have used any of these products in your practice or provided them to customers, the FDA issues the following guidance:
“Immediately examine your inventory and quarantine product subject to this recall. In addition, if you may have further distributed this product, please identify your customers and notify them at once of this product recall. Your notification to your customers should include a copy of this recall notification letter.”
To contact the company: MHR Brands, 844-300-5673 Mon.-Fri. 9am-5pm (EST), email at [email protected]