The 2021 Case Report Challenge!
The NAVC is partnering with Dechra Veterinary Products to publish peer-reviewed case reports in Today’s Veterinary Practice.
Today’s Veterinary Practice is thrilled to partner with Dechra Veterinary Products to bring you the 2021 Case Report Challenge! Participants will have the opportunity to win in-person or virtual registration to VMX 2022!
One Grand Prize winner will be selected from eligible participants who submit interesting case reports they personally worked on to [email protected] including author credentials, contact information, and practice where the case occurred.
Entries will be accepted starting October 1, 2020, and will continue to be accepted through June 7, 2021.
From all eligible entries, a panel of judges selected by the NAVC, Today’s Veterinary Practice and Dechra Veterinary Products will choose 5 finalists to be published in 2021 issues of Today’s Veterinary Practice, and be entered in the final voting round to select the Grand Prize winner.
Be sure to take advantage of this exciting opportunity! We look forward to seeing you at VMX!
The full list of rules and regulations are as follows:
2021 TODAY’S VETERINARY PRACTICE CASE REPORT CHALLENGE OFFICIAL RULES. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- The contest entry period: The Case Report Challenge is open between October 1, 2020, and will continue to be accepted through June 7, 2021, and is sponsored by Dechra Veterinary Products (“Sponsor”).
- Eligibility: Eligibility to participate in this contest is limited to active Veterinarians who personally participated in the case being submitted. Employees of the North American Veterinary Community, their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the 2021 Today’s Veterinary Practice Case Report Challenge. The following are not eligible to participate in this contest: Employees of sponsors or Exhibitors, their parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, their immediate family members and persons living in the same household as said employees.
This promotion is open only to persons who are at least 18 years old at the time of entry. Entries are limited to individuals. There is ONE grand prize. The prize will be awarded to the person who submitted the entry. Commercial enterprises and business entities are not eligible. All persons who are ineligible to participate in accordance with the Federal Communications Commission’s rules relating to the E-rate program, but are selected as prize winners, cannot win. CONTEST IS VOID IN OTHER STATES AND COUNTRIES WHERE VOIDED AND PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of the NAVC as final and binding as it relates to the content. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
- How to enter: To enter the 2021 Today’s Veterinary Practice Case Report Challenge, eligible participants must submit an accurate case report covering a case they personally worked on to [email protected] including author credentials, contact information, and practice where the case occurred. Case reports are subject to peer review and medical editing before publishing. They should be 1200-1500 words (not including any references or text in captions, figures, tables, etc.), and include images and all necessary information about the case needed to be published in the Case Reports section of Today’s Veterinary Practice. All Today’s Veterinary Practice Author Guidelines apply. Author Guidelines are available at “TVP Author Guidelines.” From all eligible entries, a panel of judges selected by the NAVC, Today’s Veterinary Practice and the Sponsor will choose 5 finalists to be published in 2021 issues of Today’s Veterinary Practice, and be entered in the final voting round to select the Grand Prize winner (the November/December 2021 issue will publish a Case Report, but it will not be included in the contest or the voting). Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the NAVC. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of the NAVC. Finalists also transfer and assign to the NAVC for the full term of copyright and any extensions and renewals thereof, all rights, title, and interest in copyright, and all of the rights comprised therein and all remedies afforded by law, throughout the world, in and to the case report, exclusive of any copyrightable material (text of graphic) owned by others, and any revisions thereof prepared and submitted, including without limitation the right to register copyright in the case report in the name of the NAVC and the exclusive right to reproduce, publish, republish, prepare all foreign language translations and other derivative works, distribute, sell, license, transfer, transmit, and publicly display copies of, and otherwise use the case report, in whole or in part, alone or in compilations, in all formats and media by any method, device, or process, and through any channels, now known or later conceived or developed; and the exclusive right to license or otherwise authorize others to do all of the foregoing, and the right to assign and transfer the rights granted hereunder. To the extent that any right now or in the future existing under copyright is not specifically granted to the NAVC by the terms of these rules, such right shall be deemed to have been granted hereunder.
- Prizes: One (1) Grand Prize winner will be selected — the individual who submitted the entry. This winner will receive one (1) free registration to VMX 2022, which does not include Hands-on Laboratories, Rounds, Meet the Professor Luncheons, or any other add-on, one (1) flight to Orlando, FL for the event (up to $500 value), and one (1) four night stay at an area hotel selected by the NAVC. Travel must be arranged directly through the NAVC, or the prize is void. No reimbursement for travel booked outside of the NAVC channels will be given.
The prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the NAVC, Today’s Veterinary Practice and the Sponsor to use winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner selection and notification: Finalists are chosen by a panel of judges selected by Today’s Veterinary Practice, the Sponsor and the NAVC, and each case report will be published in one 2021 issue of Today’s Veterinary Practice. In October 2021, voting for the Grand Prize winner will begin via Facebook. The Grand Prize winner will be determined by voting, and will be announced on or around November 15, 2021, on the Today’s Veterinary Practice Facebook page. The NAVC shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices due to winner’s spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 72 hours from the time the award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. The receipt by winner of the prize offered in the 2021 Today’s Veterinary Practice Case Report Challenge is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering this promotion, participants agree to be bound by these official rules. The decisions of the NAVC and the Sponsor as well as its promotional agencies shall be final on all matters pertaining to this contest. Winners are responsible for sales tax on the prize(s) awarded, as well as any income taxes associated with the prize.
Entrants and prize winner(s) also agree to release the NAVC, Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotion, fulfillment and/or judging agencies, related entities from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, costs or expenses, including without limitation property damages, personal injury and/or death arising out of participating in this promotion, or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery; and consent to the use of their names, voices, pictures, and likenesses for advertising and promotional purposes in any medium throughout the world in perpetuity without additional compensation unless prohibited by law.
Except where prohibited by law, acceptance of a prize by a winner constitutes that winner’s permission to the NAVC, the Sponsor and Sponsor’s promotional agencies to use, publish and copyright materials containing the winner’s name, clinic name, photos and city/state, without further compensation, for publicity purposes relating to the contest. No contest entry information will be sold or exchanged to a third party. Neither Sponsor nor its promotional agencies are responsible for and cannot be held liable for (i) lost, illegible, incomplete, misdirected, damaged or late entries, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure; theft or destruction of or unauthorized access to promotion entries or entry forms; or alteration of entries or entry forms (ii) any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sponsor which may cause this contest to be disrupted or corrupted, (iii) any losses or damages of any kind resulting from or arising out participation in this contest or the acceptance or use of any prize awarded in connection with this contest, or (iv) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with this contest.
The NAVC is not responsible for any problems with or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment or software.
- Terms: The NAVC and the Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit any entrant from participating in the promotion if, at their sole discretion, sponsor finds such entrant to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the promotion, or if such entrant repeatedly shows a disregard for, or attempts to, circumvent these Rules, or acts: (a) in a manner the sponsor determines to be not fair or equitable; (b) with an intent to annoy, threaten or harass any other entrant the sponsor; or (c) in any other disruptive manner. Any failure by the sponsor to enforce any of these Rules shall not constitute a waiver of such Rules.
In the event that under your employer’s policies you are not permitted to accept the prizes awarded in this promotion, your entry will be deemed to be made on behalf of your employer provided your employer assumes the tax obligations associated with the prize and other relevant rules.
- Disputes: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND FLORIDA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Editorial Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Editorial Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Florida having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Contest), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Delivery of prizes: The Grand Prize winner will be notified via email, and announced on the Today’s Veterinary Practice Facebook page on or around November 15, 2021. VMX registration and all travel will be booked directly through the NAVC. If the prize is not claimed by December 15, 2021, the prize will be forfeited.
These rules are subject to change at the NAVC and Sponsor’s discretion without immediate notification of the public and contest participants.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.