The beauty of committing to lifelong learning is finding topics that not only support your professional development but also stoke your passion for animal health care. That’s where the NAVC’s library of learning resources comes into play. VetFolio features a centralized continuing education hub where you can choose the topic and modality for learning, whether by reading an article, listening to a podcast, attending virtual events, or completing market-relevant certifications. The NAVC’s certifications currently include the Human-Animal Bond Certification (18 CE hours), the Certified Veterinary Business Leader Certification (20 CE hours), the Pet Nutrition Coach Certification (8 CE hours), and the newest addition, the Pet Therapeutic Nutrition Coach Certification (12 CE hours).
The NAVC Pet Therapeutic Nutrition Coach Certification is a sequel to the Pet Nutrition Coach Certification that focuses on the health management potential and practice-growing power of therapeutic nutrition. This interactive program applies evidence-based research and specific nutrient functions to help prevent and manage a range of pet illnesses, from intestinal and dermatologic conditions to mobility and more. Learners will have the chance to dive deep into practical learning objectives, including:
- The importance of nutritional management as a critical part of a pet’s healthcare plan.
- Successful treatment and management of pet obesity.
- The steps to completing a nutritional assessment and recommending a nutritional plan for management of common pet diseases.
- How nutritional management can impact joint mobility as well as endocrine, gastrointestinal, dermatologic, hepatobiliary, renal, cardiovascular, and urinary diseases in critically ill patients.
- Communicating the importance of therapeutic nutrition to clients and gaining client compliance with your specific nutritional recommendations.
And, most importantly, those who complete the course will walk away with newfound confidence in taking a leadership role in the clinic and improving patient outcomes. Certification prices, group pricing, accessibility information (e.g., text-based, video-based), final exam information, and more can be found at vetfolio.com/pages/certifications.