Alison McIntyre Named Executive Director of Veterinary Virtual Care Association
As executive director, McIntyre aims to help the newly formed association develop best practices and elevate virtual veterinary care.
Alison McIntyre has been named the first executive director of the Veterinary Virtual Care Association (VVCA), a recently formed nonprofit organization focused on developing best practice and quality standards for practicing virtual veterinary care.
As executive director, McIntyre “will be responsible for bringing the vision of the VVCA to advocate best virtual care practices, provide educational resources, and create a space for a wide alliance of professionals to congregate and accelerate the adoption of virtual care within veterinary medicine,” according to a press release. McIntyre is the chief operating officer of the Animal Policy Group.
“Ali is an excellent choice, and she’s volunteered nearly full-time since we started,” says Mark Cushing, founding member of the VVCA. “She is committed to making virtual care a key component of veterinary medicine.”
The VVCA’s founding board members include:
• Mark Cushing, CEO and founder of the Animal Policy Group
• Cheryl Good, DVM, a Michigan practice owner and immediate past president of the NAVC
• Eleanor M. Green, DVM, DACVIM, DABVP, the Carl B. King dean of veterinary medicine at the Texas A&M University College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
• Jason W. Johnson, DVM, MS, DACT, the dean and a founding faculty member of the Lincoln Memorial University College of Veterinary Medicine
• Charlotte Lacroix, DVM, JD, a former NAVC president and the founder of Veterinary Business Advisors
• Deb Leon, the CEO of whiskerDocs.com
• Kerri Marshall, DVM, MBA, the chief information officer at Compassion-First Pet Hospitals
• Aaron Smiley, DVM, an Indiana veterinarian and president of the Indiana Veterinary Medical Association
• Bruce L. Truman, MBA, the vice president of business development at BabelBark
• Jessica Vogelsang, DVM, CVJ, a San Diego veterinarian, author and speaker
• Audrey Wystrach, DVM, the founder and CEO of One.Vet